Sunday, December 13, 2009

Flowering tree and volunteering

This is what we look at out the back. There's a little flowering tree with purple morning glories climbing around the top. So pretty.
Charity sale put on by the Little Sisters of the Poor Home for the Elderly which is located next door to the Sagayamatha Hospital where I see my doctor. Gopal and I have been meaning to take a look at the elderly home there. (The Christmas candles and other crafts for sale are all made by the elderly in their home.)

Gopal talking with Sister Odile(?)

We will visit the home for the elderly and are interested in volunteering there
In India, families take care of their elderly parents, so it seems to me that people in an elderly home are either from such destitute families that they can't afford to care for them or they have been abandoned.
Tomorrow I will begin volunteering at a clinic for the poor where my landlady is a volunteer doctor. I'll do a post here about that clinic.

No comments: