Friday, November 14, 2008

Coonoor Apartment

Well, I finally just got tired of waiting for our faster internet connection and decided to tough it out and see how long it would take to upload some photos. Although it took close to an hour just to get on the internet and then onto the blog, it only took 3-4 minutes for each picture to load. Under the circumstances, that's not bad. So, here are a couple of "before" shots of our new apartment in Coonoor.

Front Room

Bedroom (between front room and kitchen/bath)
Kitchen (scary, huh?)
Jaynti (landlady), Gopal, Albert (who showed us the apt.)
Bathroom

For those of you who love me, please don't be upset by these pictures. This is a very basic Indian apartment, and we have been fixing it up. We added sinks in the bath and kitchen, western toilet, hot water heater, new elevated (to improve water pressure) water tank out back, etc. The only thing we're waiting for now is our bed, so we're still on the floor. I'll post pictures as soon as we get the bed. It's really cozy and pleasant. And the little colony is like a family, so we have people coming in and out, which I like. Today I put out a kolam in front of my door (rice flour decoration on the ground in front of your door). Actually, my neighbor Mariama did it for me since I had bought the wrong flour and wasn't very proficient at putting down my design. I have to practice.
Here's a picture of our view from the front door.

No comments: