Friday, October 29, 2010

Mariama and Gopalsami came to visit 29 October 2010

Our friends, Mariama and Gopalsami came to stay at Govindharajan's, Gopalsami's brother.  We ate dinner with them there last evening and they came over for lunch today.  Here's Mariama in the kitchen.  It was sooooooo nice to see them!
AND, they brought Govindharajan's cook, Rukumani, whom I adore.  (It is my dream that Rukumani will someday be my cook.  And Govindharajan is moving away soon, so.......  But Gopal doesn't want to hire a cook!  Whaaaaa!)
Mariama, Gopalsami and Gopal
Rukumani wouldn't join us because servants don't eat with the masters, as Gopal explained it to me.  Very frustrating to me, because I like her so much.
Here's is Gopalsami horsing around at the table.  Fortunately, Mariama has a great sense of humor.  That's one of the reasons why we miss them.  They're leaving tomorrow to return to their village.  Hopefully, we can see them tomorrow morning before they leave.  :-(

No comments: