Tuesday, March 30, 2010

California - 18-22 March 2010

On 18 March Suzie took Dexter and me to miniature golf. Dexter lasted less than ten minutes with the miniature golf game and ended up at the machines.
Suzie & Dexter on the miniature golf course




That afternoon Gopal and I met with Stephanie, Millicent and Debbie for a snack. It was good to see them and catch up a little.

That evening, my friend Erica picked me up at Suzie's and we went to Healdsburg for two nights. It was a good opportunity to talk, since we don't get to do that anymore. We saw "Alice in Wonderland" which we liked.
These pictures are of the Piper Street Inn where we stayed the second night. Very comfortable and charming.

Erica's room

My room (I'm the elder)


Garden


Erica and I returned from Oakland early so I could babysit for Dexter. Near their house is the Chabot Science and Space Center. Unfortunately, part of it was closed for a party, but we got a lot of mileage out of the rest.


Here's Dexter in a real space capsule, where he could flip all the switches and sit in the astronaut's seat.


Volunteers let us look at the sun through a telescope.

This big telescope and museum are on a hill overlooking San Francisco Bay.
.
The next morning, Sunday, Todd and Sharon (my brother and sister-in-law) came to Montclair from S.F. for breakfast with us. The Monclair Farmers Market was going on so we wandered through it.
Carolyn, Sharon, Todd




On the curb near the farmers market was this BMW painted bright pearled pink with "Barbie" painted on the window and a licence plate that read '8arbie .'


On Sunday evening, we went to bhajans again. This is little Rivaj, 3 mos., who fell asleep on me during the singing. Heaven.


Tuesday, Suzie & I got a manicure and pedicure. Aren't we cute?

No comments: