Friday, February 25, 2011

Cataract Surgery 16-18 February 2011, Coimbatore

Aravind Eye Hospital, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu

The hospital is built around this courtyard with a built-in pond.

We stayed on the second floor.

This is a little out of context, since this is a picture of me, with my friend Sara, waiting to be seen for an appt. the week before the surgery.

En route to surgery early the morning of the 17th, this is how dilated my eye was.

After surgery, eating lunch in our room.


Gopal waiting in line at the hospital Canteen.


While I slept the day of surgery, Gopal got his eyes checked, ordered glasses and picked them up the following day.

The new glasses.

Leaving the hospital the following day.  Including paying a driver, meals, room and surgery, it cost us $580.   It would have cost me $7,000 in California.

No comments: